Monday, March 15, 2010

The Bulldog Element

No brief narrative in my life would be complete without the mention of the bulldog contingency, Roy and Oswald. For years after seeing a baby bulldog on the beach with my mom, I dreamed of Roy. When I graduated college, I met him in real life. At nine weeks old, Roy was the clumsy, fat, adorable prince that I had been wanting for so long. I drove across the country from Carolina to my new life in California with Roy by my side- the black and white bulldog is still one of the great loves of my life.

Oswald the great white beast came into our lives in 2007- E. had seen him listed on the bulldog rescue site. After a long application, a home check, and lots of begging, the rescuers agreed to let us introduce him to Roy, and lo and behold, the two boys got along just fine. (Well, Roy was a little pissed at first, but he got over it.) He’s truly insane and doesn’t stop wiggling, even though he’s around 4 years old, but I can’t imagine life without him.

E. and I are obsessed with our bulldogs- they’re like our children. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment