Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Monterey Jack!

Since I hadn't had time to make cheese in a while, I devoted this past long weekend to catching up. Day 1, Saturday, was a huge success, resulting in a 2 pound wheel of Monterey Jack which is now waxed and aging, as well as some feta which is actually tasting really delicious. The whey from these cheeses made some of the best ricotta I've ever made- light, soft, and fluffy!

Day 2, however, was almost a complete failure. I managed to screw up goat cheese, one of the easiest to make, as well as my fourth mozzarella attempt. Maybe I was overconfident because it turned out so good last time; either way, this time was less than spectacular and wouldn't even coagulate.

I guess you win some and lose some. So much more to learn. So much more milk to detroy...

No comments:

Post a Comment